JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
Personal information released willingly to us will be used:
1) For online purchases through our e-commerce platform;
2) For online donations through a third-party platform;
3) For email subscriptions to receive online content;
4) For sample resource requests;
5) For responding to inquiries from our Contact Us page.
Information We Collect
Any personal information freely provided to Study To Serve Institute for the processing of donations, purchases, or other requests is considered of utmost value; therefore, we will do everything in our power to ensure that your information stays secure. Your transmitted information is secured through SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Your private information will remain confidential and will not be sold or distributed outside the ministry.
Remember, there is always the chance that personal information could be leaked over the Internet, and for that reason, if applicable, we ask that you please keep track of your usernames and passwords; log out of our website each time you transact; and make sure you are using a secure Internet connection when you do transact.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your customer account. For example, those who make a donation, make purchases, or request information and resources related to Study To Serve Institute provide a name, organization name, email address, and/or phone number, and if applicable, a password.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us—such as through the online e-commerce platform—or if you make a donation, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us with information when you request resource materials, respond to surveys, communicate with our staff about a support question, or post a question using the Contact Us link.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our website.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and may use this information to, for example, display a message about upcoming events in your area.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information, such as an email address or phone number from third-party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like emailing and phone calls.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To process online purchases through our e-commerce platform;
- To process online donations through a secure third-party platform;
- To process email subscriptions for you to receive online content;
- To fulfill requests for sample resources;
- To respond to inquiries sent via our Contact Us page;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our content
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our correspondence and campaigns, and better understand user retention and attrition – for example, we may analyze how many individuals access various online media or purchase items from our e-commerce platform after receiving a specialized newsletter;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our website and its content, protect its security, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Study To Serve Institute and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of various areas of the website; and
- To communicate with you – for example, through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Study To Serve Institute and others we think may be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on events, products, and/or resources at Study To Serve Institute.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
This section is for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account.
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our website and its content, to improve our website and its content so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent –for example, before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Open the Bible, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Share feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services – for example, making a donation or purchasing through our e-commerce platform – may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile website and/or mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Study To Serve Imstitute websites, with the drawback that certain features of Study To Serve Institute websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we would be sorry to see you go, if you no longer want to use our services, you may request your Study To Serve Imstitute account to be closed. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, for example, for legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can contact us to exercise any of these requests by referring to the next section, How to Reach Us, or by accessing the Contact Us page.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
- Use the form on the Contact Us page.
- Mailing Address: Study To Serve Institute, PostNet Suite 157, Private Bag X5, Aston Manor, 1630, SOUTH AFRICA
- eMail: email@example.com
Creative Commons Sharealike License Credits
This website is owned and operated by:
Private Bag X5