All of the resources on this page will help you as you study the Old Testament. Remember, knowing God’s Word is just a stepping stone; your ultimate goal MUST be to know God Himself! May God bless you as you become more familiar with His Word, and continue to grow in His Grace.
Old Testament Survey (HTOTS01)
An exciting and practical outline of each book of the Old Testament. These materials introduce you to the Old Testament, and include the full Reader’s Edition Bible Text in the notes. All of the files are in .docx format, so that you can simply open them and add your own study notes! You can also download some ‘For Further Study’ pointers for each of the books.
Here is an example of the outline notes from the book of Hosea.
A. Israel rejected: Hosea’s marriage and birth of children.
1. Charged to take a wife of whoredom: 1:2-3
2. Jezreel symbolizes the overthrow of Jehu’s dynasty: 1:4-5
3. Lo-ruhamah: God will no more have mercy on Israel: 1:6-7
4. Lo-ammi: Utter rejection of Israel: 1:8-9
B. Israel comforted: 1:10-11
C. Israel chastised: 2:1-13
1. Condemnation of sinful conduct: 2:1-7
2. Punishment more fully explained: 2:8-13
D. Israel restored: 2:14-23
1. Promise of conversion: 2:14-17
2. Renewal of covenant: 2:18-23
Each book outline includes:
- AUTHOR of the book
- TO WHOM the book was written
- PURPOSE for writing the book
- KEY VERSE
- LIFE AND MINISTRY PRINCIPLE
- MAIN CHARACTERS of the book
All of the documents below are in .docx format.